Tuesday 17 November 2009

Discovering and invention of a new word; Bimmerratery

Well yesterday I went for a drive while listening to a new album Ive just got my hands on. Unfortunately I had to do it after work so there were ltos of traffic, but I came up with a brilliant solution, a few simple rules:

1. Go where noone else is going, nomatter what
2. When aproaching a light go wherever the lights want you to go, meaning the first green. Only excepted if it is directly into rush hour traffic or onto the highway.
3. Highway must be avoided at all cost
4. Have a good tune in the radio
5. LOVE driving
6. Dont read signs, if you wnat to go somewhere special do it by landmarks, if you know no landmarks then start driving and get to know your sorroundings.

I ended up in a north western part of Auckland I cant even recall what is called. Afterthat I suddenly found myself near the airport. There i found 3 levels of carpark where you could park with the front towards the airport so you could see the planes come in. Now i just need to find out when Emirates lands with their Airbus A380 next time.
After some time driving around(not wrong, there is no wrong, remember?) I got home and got trapped in Youtube watching danish comedy :)

Today I was reading online it struck my mind that i wanted to go to the library to rent a book and go to the airport to read and watch planes. I then went for the library homepage to find out what kind of ID was needed to sign up as member. I packed everything needed in my car and went to the city centre as that was the only one open at the time. I got in and found a parking spot in a secound, lucky me. Then I discovered that Ive forgotten a letter to prove my adress.... It was now a race against time. 40 minutes untill the library closed against me with a speed limit saying 100, it would be close.
On my way back home an old E36 wanted to pull out in front of me and he started blinking, I let off the throttle to make room but he didnt pull out. I then flashed with my headlamps and he pulled out, thanking me with his hazard lights. It was here I thought of the word, "Bimmerratery" from now on it will be the same friendship as taxi drivers have to each other, just only for BMW drivers.
Back to the time trial. I rushed into my room got my recent letter from the transport department notifying me that I had taken on ownership of my E36 328i sedan. Back in the car, reversed like there was no cats in the neighbourhood and putted it into "Drive". I arrived back in the city just 10 minute before the library closed. I then found a parking spot and walked in the library door 6 minutes before closing time only to be met by a security guard telling me they had closed. I could do nothing but accept it and walk back to my car and drive home.
What a dissapointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment