Thursday 15 October 2009

Driving in NZ #1

I have now been driven home from work by the same colleague for 3 days in a row and this morning Thorsten and I were driven by our Landlord, and I think I've spotted a major difference between europe and here.

In traffic when you have to change lane in order to get into a turning lane there are two ways of doing it.
1(NZ style) Be let in, as in not trying with your car but with pure magic power, just waiting to be let in
2(european style) make you being let in, usage of car(positioning, not like the french park) and blinkers

The other day we had to get in the "right turn" lane but my colleague said "i'm not being let in" and I turned to her and said nothing but thought to my self, "everybody is going home they are only letting you in infront of them if you show them how much you want it". With her driving and expecting a miracle to come from above and let her in to the queue we had to drive to Sylvia Park(shopping centre) and do a U-turn in order to get back and then on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment