Saturday 29 August 2009

Long sleep

Today i decided to have a nice long sleep because I was having the day off, with no appointments in the city to view flats.

I woke up at 5am and thought to my self "pfft....." turned off the TV (hast got a sleep timer on the remote control, in order to make room for a "Yes i would like to buy adult content" button) and went on sleeping. The next time i woke up was at 2pm and then a few minutes later it knocked the door, the room service would like to come clean my room, so i decided to tell them that they could go 5 minutes earlier today and skip my room because I've had planed to take a long time getting out of bed and into the shower. I succeeded at 3pm i was dressed and ready to make my first experience with local transport in NZ, i went down to the local train station which is 100 meters away from the hotel and discovered that i just missed the train. I therefore went to McD to buy a cappucino to strengthen on after this minor defeat. I got back and started searching for somewhere i could buy a ticked for the fare. There wasn't any, to my luck there was a man whom i could ask, and he told me that i had to buy it on the train. Fair enough i thought and started waiting the 8 minutes I had to according to the schedule. After 3 minutes the man came back to me and asked which direction i was going, and i told him that i were heading northbound to city center, he thought a bit and then went away. 30 secounds after he came back and told me that the train wouldn't depart in one hour. Unfortunately he were right, i had been reading the time table for Monday - Friday. So i went back to the hotel to find a taxi. Lucky me there was one available, BUT he was busy on his phone and didn't have time taking me to the city.
So now I'm sitting here replying a few messages on Facebook, accepting Farmvile gifts and writing a blog so you back in Europe got a piece of reading to your morning coffee.
But I'm off to the city and a Saturday night relaxing beer.

REMBMER: It is Saturday now look at the right time table if you are going to travel with public transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment